Belize taxation provisions:
Belize incorporated companies are totally tax exempt:
- income tax, tax on dividends, interest and royalty – 0%;
- capital gains tax – 0%;
- tax withholding at source – 0%;
- value added tax – 0%;
- wealth and inheritance tax – 0%.
Instead of tax, Belize corporations of any type must pay an annual registration fee based on the amount of their authorised capital:
- up to $50,000 – $100 per year;
- up to $50,000 with shares without nominal value – $350 per year;
- above $50,000 – $1,000 per year.
If the company fails to pay the registration fee on time a penalty of 50% of the fee is applied.
Double tax treaties:
Belize has double tax treaties with the UK, Sweden, Denmark and some Caribbean countries.